Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Eastern Europe Adventures Day 1, Kamloops, BC – Vancouver, BC – Toronto, ON– Niagara, ON

Today was my final day at my condo.  Denver came and met up to see me and got talked into helping move my stuff over to Nick’s house.  Nick was wasn’t home but his brother home and was very patient with the car loads of my life that we were dropping off to be stored while I am out of town.  I really wish I had my camera out to snap some pics of the process.  Once load consisted of balancing the mattresses on the roof of the Celica that was full of Tupperware containers and Denver standing on the edge of my trunk trying to hold the mattresses still while keeping his own balance while I drove slowly through the across the complex up to Nick’s place.  There was still a little more work to be done but we also wanted to have some fun before he had to go to practice and my flight that evening. 
We made a quick and final trip to Natures Fare and headed out to pick up some golf clubs for the driving range.  The weather was perfect and smashing a few golf balls was exactly what we needed. I got a few technique pointers during our session and I’ll admit made a bit of difference. 

I headed back home to pack up the car with some small things that I felt bad leaving at Nick’s house with the big pile of things I had already dropped off there.  I sadly threw out a bunch of bedding that Tom had left behind, because I ran out of time to drop them off at the second hand store and left my key behind for the landlord, dropped off a couple surf club shirts, dropped off my car to Todd at the school and met up with Aliah for a ride down to the Northshore and Denver to go the rest of the way to the airport.  It was sad to say good bye to Aliah, not because I wouldn’t be seeing her again but because it has been a long four years packed with unforgettable memories that we have done through together and getting ready to move on from.  It was hard to say bye to Denver too, leaving your boyfriend behind is never an easy things to do especially when you can only hope it will be like you never left when you return.  
The rest of the night would be spent in airports and planes, trying to sleep pretty unsuccessfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment