Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Class Walking Tour Day & Exploring the Castle

I was committed to go for a run this morning and I did.  A few people in the group had said they were interested in coming with me previously but they all weren’t that up for it when the morning came.  I told Renee the route I was thinking about taking in case I didn’t make it back in a decent amount of time and they needed to come look for me.  Without realizing I started running the opposite way I had hold Renee and quickly turned around once it clicked in.  It pretty hard to run on large cobblestone, you feel like your ankles are going to roll all the time but it felt great to be out and moving.
Our class schedule started at 10 am this morning. The lecture was pretty overwhelming with all kinds of dates and names of historical figures throughout Europe’s history.  After the lecture we headed out for the big city walk heading toward the castle.  We made a food stop off along the way, picking up for greasy potato pancakes and sausage but they were really good.  David (the teacher) parted ways with us at the castle and we stayed to tour through the buildings and the surrounding areas for the next 5ish hours.


 Our feet were sore by the end of the day but we saw a lot of the castle area,


                                                             ate some traditional food,


                                                            got some great scenic shots,


                                                     and walked the tourist route through the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment